SUMMARY: This position is responsible for the delivery, installation, and service of office furniture and related products within a 100-mile radius of New Orleans. As a member of the Operations team, this position delivers excellent service to customers and is a positive team player.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Two years of installation / assembly experience.
- Valid driver license with no legal or safety incidents on record (clean driving record).
- Able to pass criminal and driving background check and pre-employment and periodic drug tests.
- Always adhere to traffic safety regulations, exercise caution in treacherous circumstances and report unsafe vehicle or road conditions to supervisors and highway authorities.
- Ability to properly assemble office furniture. Mechanically inclined.
- Reports to job site on time and ready to work.
- Dress appropriately – wear proper attire: Company provided shirt, hat, vest, hard hat.
- Meet attendance requirements and notify dispatcher when running late.
- Frequently assist with unloading furniture and delivering to client’s office space
- Operate in an organized and safe manner and properly / safely assemble furniture per plan.
- Stay on pace, think ahead as you do your work, be efficient and productive, eliminate wasted time.
- Respect customer surrounding, act professionally, always be aware that you are working in their space.
- Frequently assist with delivering, unloading and assembling furniture in the client’s office properly and safely per design without damage.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Assist in unloading cargo from incoming shipments to delivery sites.
- Ability to lift 75 lbs.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma / G.E.D; and strong mechanical abilities; proficient at working with power tools, equipment, and assembly of components.
Ability to read, write, and interpret the English language technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to effectively communicate with managers, clients, customers, co-workers, and the public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as field dimensions, furniture sizes, and quantities. Ability to read a ruler / tape measure.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables and the ability to communicate in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
WHAT WE BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Major Medical, (Optional Dental, Vision, Supplemental Insurance Benefits)
- Paid Time Off – Steady Work with Overtime Opportunities
- Open Door Policy with access to Senior Management
- TEAM Atmosphere – Helping One Another to Succeed
- A Safety-First Work Environment, Focused on Getting Everyone Home Safe, Every Day