Provides design services to customers, including site and inventory verifications, programming, space planning, typical development, color boards, installation drawings and specifications. Works closely with Sales, Account Managers, Project Managers and customers to ensure conformance to customer requirements, high quality implementation and customer satisfaction.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Attends customer planning meetings; presents plans and information to customer for review and approval.
- Reviews site; conducts field measurements and plan-to site adherence checks.
- Verifies existing inventory/product; produces as-built drawings/specifications.
- Conducts programming by interviewing customers/end/users and produces reports.
- Develops and presents block/space plans; obtains customer approval.
- Selects, develops and presents color/finish boards; obtains customer approval.
- Develops finished working drawings for specification and installation; validates plans against construction, electrical and A & D drawing set; obtains customer approval.
- Develops product specifications; verifies specifications against plans; produces order-ready specifications utilizing technology; verifies accuracy and correctness.
- Manages changes and revisions.
- May conduct field review during/after installation with Project Managers &/or installation crew.
- Provides design budgets for projects; maintains daily timesheets; manages actual time against budgets.
- Maintains detailed project documentation including records of key decisions, approvals and sign-offs and notes from customer/internal meetings.
- Manages adherence to project schedule and budgets.
- Communicates regularly on assignment status.
- Prepares plotting, printing, color board requests.
- Ensures complete and accurate plans/specifications are order ready.
- Maybe required to conduct organizational interfaces with; client, A&D firms, contractors, project managers, sales, sales administration, internal operations personnel and installation crews.
Skills, Abilities & Knowledge:
- Advanced proficiency in AutoCad and CAP required.
- Intermediate PC skills including: Microsoft Windows, Excel and Word.
- Solid interpersonal skills; ability to communicate (both oral and written) effectively and professionally with both internal and external customers.
- Possess solid knowledge of best practices for furniture design.
- Possess solid furniture product knowledge; able to learn and apply new product knowledge in a timely manner.
- Excellent problem solving ability and follow through.
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized.
- Works well under pressure in ambiguous conditions; excels at multi-tasking and prioritizing work flow.
Level of Education/Training/License:
- BS/BA/BFA degree in Interior, Industrial or Architectural Design.
- 5+ years experience in furniture/office/space planning. Dealership or manufacturer experience preferred.